All children should be in school from Thursday 3rd September apart from nursery who start Monday 7th. The government has specified that children will stay in whole class "bubbles" to minimize cross infection but we are also asking staff, children and parents to continue to maintain social distancing as much as possible and to wear masks in certain circumstances. To keep everyone as safe as we can in these conditions we have put the following measures in place. These may be modified as we receive further guidance or as circumstances change.
- All children will be expected to come to school but not if they have a cough, a temperature or any infectious disease. We will be monitoring their temperatures daily.
- If you or a member of your household has symptoms of COVID19, or has been in contact with a person with COVID19, your child will need to stay home until safe as set out in the latest government guidance.
- Children will stay supervised in their class bubble all day including lunch time, free time and exercise slots.
Drop-off and collection
- Parents can drop children at an external gate in the morning. Staff will supervise the gate and make sure children get to the correct classroom and that no children come back out of school.
- Alternatively, parents can follow our one-way system through the school grounds to drop their children off. The one-way system is IN, through the main vehicle gate and the car park (bollards will be raised to keep vehicles out) or the bridle path side gate, and OUT round the back of the school and through the front pedestrian gate or the woodland gate. This is to avoid congestion in the alley which we also ask you keep one way.
- Please do not reverse your car or turn around outside the school.
- Nursery & Reception 9:00 a.m.
Y1 8:55 a.m.
Y2 8:50 a.m.
Y3 8:45 a.m.
Y4 8:40 a.m.
Y5 8:45 a.m.
Y6 8:40 a.m.
- Year 6 & Year 5 children will go out of the gate alone (unless joining parents collecting younger children).
- All other children will line up in surname alphabetical order ready to be collected by their parents.
- Only one parent or carer per family will be allowed on to the site at any time and not for year 5 or 6 children.
- Drop-off and collection times are staggered to ease congestion.
- There will be a one-way system for collection entering through our side gate or car park and going anti-clockwise around the school.
- Exit will be through the front gate unless you choose to walk on the wild side through our woodland gate (suitable footwear and extra care needed). Children using this exit must be accompanied by parents.
- Collection times will be:
- Y1 2.45 p.m.
- Y2 2.50 p.m.
- Y3 2.55 p.m.
- Y4 3.00 p.m.
- Reception and Nursery classes will have earlier collection times during their initial induction period. Please see information from Early Years Staff. After the induction period their collection time will be 2.40 p.m.
- Years 5 and 6 will be coming in and out of school on their own and if you want to meet them you will need to do this outside of our grounds.
- Y5 will leave at 2.40 p.m.
- Y6 will leave at 2.40 p.m.
- KS2 children will have a packed lunch provided by our kitchen or brought from home, which will be eaten in the classroom.
- Our kitchen will be providing KS2 children with a hot pizza meal in a box on Wednesday and fish fingers & chips on Fridays with sandwiches the rest of the week.
- KS1 and reception children will have their free cooked lunch provided by the school kitchen and will eat this in the dining hall. See menu.
- Full-time nursery children can have a bought cooked meal from the kitchen but will eat this in their own room or at their outdoor tables.
- We strongly recommend all infant children and any other children now entitled to free meals take the easy and healthier option of the meal we provide.
- We hope to be able to continue our breakfast and after school provision with children in their class bubbles but this will need to be booked in advance and numbers may be limited.
- There will be no other clubs, no inter-school sports competitions, and no walking bus until we have reassessed the situation at half term.
- There will be no setting or grouping across year groups.
- In-school music lessons will continue as usual but no singing.
- To avoid sharing resources children need to bring their own pencil case which can be left in school (not nursery children).
- Children may bring fruit for break time, water bottles and, if not having school lunch, a packed lunch. Lunch boxes and water bottles must be clearly labelled with the child's name. Children will also need their PE kit.
- Children will need to wear school uniform.
- We will follow a normal curriculum but without contact sports, activities involving children touching the same equipment or singing indoors. This will mean no ball games.
- There be no whole school assemblies or similar events.
- The school building will remain closed to parents and if you wish to contact us please do so by email or telephone.
- This includes collecting or dropping off forgotten items. Please make sure children remember everything they need as otherwise they will have to manage without it. Children who forget packed lunches will automatically be booked in for a school meal.
- If your child becomes sick or requires close adult contact; either because of being upset or because of behaving in a way which is dangerous to others, we will contact you and you will need to take them straight home.
- Expectations for reporting absence will be as normal.
- We will continue to use our online systems for homework and immediately for full home learning should we need to close the school or specific classes.
Social distancing and masks
- Please maintain social distancing on your way to and from school so as not to negate the measures we are taking. You are advised to avoid the narrow alley at the side of the school if possible and to keep this one way (Grangewood Avenue to Bridle Path) as well.
- We recommend you wear a mask at these times.
- Children are allowed to wear a mask to school if they want to.
- Staff will be wearing masks if they are in closer contact with each other or children.