The provision and access the children have to music is fantastic, with our well equipped music studio and teaching resources.
- Reception to year 6 have a weekly music lesson lead by a music specialist, following the Music Model Curriculum 2021.
- Lessons encompass the four areas of study: singing, listening, composing and performing.
At Woodside we give the children many opportunities to take part in performances.
- Class and singing assemblies
- Seasonal celebrations including: Harvest festivals, Christmas performances, International Week, patriotic events etc.
- Opportunities for the school choirs and steel pan group to perform in local music festivals and events.
- KS1 / KS2 Choir club.
- Weekly music group sessions for SEN children.
Wider Opportunities at Woodside
- Opportunities to perform through projects organised by The Royal Opera House / Royal Ballet.
- One to one instrument lessons are available to all age groups which are provided by Thurrock Music Services - contact office for more information.
- Year 3 steel pan and year 4 recorder lessons run throughout the year culminating in a final showcase to parents.
- Gamelan workshops.
Each half term the school has a music era theme that can be accessed by all staff to broaden children's knowledge of music genres and how this can be cross curricular linked.